Polson is home to all three justice agencies that can initiate an arrest warrant search in Lake County, MT at your request. So, if you are keen on finding out about the arrest records and active warrants in the name of an acquaintance, friend or loved one, a single trip to the area will prove to be quite fruitful.
The police and the judiciary keep information on all criminal infractions committed in the area, from trivial offenses such as the nonpayment of traffic violation fines to serious crimes such as homicide and rape. In fact, as long as a criminal matter was reported in their jurisdiction, they will have information on any Lake County outstanding warrants issued in these matters and arrests made along with details on the trial and verdict.
The police and the judiciary should not just be approached for information on the arrest warrants in the name of third parties but also you could launch a personal background search through these agencies. This type of a conduct report is needed when seeking employment in certain sectors, for immigration, adoption and licensing.
However, if an active warrant from Lake County is found in your name while a deputy of the sheriff’s or county clerk is scouring through the databases of the justice departments, you will be taken into custody immediately. So, this option is really only open to those who are absolutely sure that they do not have a criminal charge filed against them. To initiate a crime history investigation, you will need to go to 106 4th Avenue East, Polson, Montana 59860-2133
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Lake County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- If you are interested in learning about recent arrests, contact the Lake County Jail at (406) 883-7272.
- If you want to learn about active warrants, call the Justice of Peace/City Court at (406) 883-8219/7259 (Polson), (406) 676-0211 (Ronan) and (406) 745-3791 (St. Ignatius).
- If you are interested in basic information or want to register a non-emergency complaint, dial the following phone number (406) 883-7301.
- If you want an arrest report or an incident/accident report, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (406) 883-7279.
- If you want more information about obtaining criminal court records, connect with the Clerk’s Office at (406) 883-7254.
Crime statistics of Lake County
Around 260 cases of property crimes and 81 cases of violent crimes were investigated by Lake County Police in 2019. The annual crime average was 341 incidents, as compared to the 305 complaints recorded in 2018.
The 81 reported violent crimes included 10 cases of rape, 1 case of robbery, and 67 cases of serious assault. There were 52 burglaries, 163 larceny-theft reports, and 45 motor vehicle theft complaints among the 260 property crime incidents.
Older crime statistics
With an annual crime rate of almost 600 cases, the police of Lake County, Montana need to do more to curb the rising instances of violent ad property infractions. In fact, it seems little has been done in this direction given the growth of almost 70% in all criminal occurrences across the board.