Most people will tell you that an arrest warrant search in Lewis and Clark County, MT ought to be considered when hiring new staff. However, why only seek information on local arrest records and active warrants exclusively for commercial reasons? The information that you can get from such an inquiry will help you to take a call on whether you should be associating with an individual on the personal level as well.
Investigations on arrest warrants will not only bring back details on the issue of such orders in the name of the accused but also on what happened subsequently. For instance, if active warrants from Lewis and Clark County were issued and arrests were made through their use, you will find out about the time the subject spent behind bars.
Also, you will be given details on what happened at the end of the trial. So, you will know if the court dismissed the matter or if the subject was acquitted or found guilty. In case the accused was convicted, the arrest records will also hold information on the incarceration period, parole and release.
If the outstanding warrant from Lewis and Clark County against subject is yet to be served, you will also be able to find out if this person figures in the most wanted list of the area. Applicants who get in touch with the office of the county clerk can even get information on the civil suits initiated by the subject and those that were filed against him.
- Law enforcement: 221 Breckenridge, Helena, Montana 59601
- Judiciary:228 Broadway St, Helena, MT 59601
- County clerk: 316 North Park Avenue, Helena, Montana 59623
If you need information on Lewis and Clark County recent arrests and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- In order to approach the Lewis and Clark County Sheriff’s Office with general inquiries, use the dispatch phone line at (406) 447-8293.
- In order to do a warrant search, call the City Court or the Justice of Peace Court at (406) 447-8202/8465 or (406) 227-5321.
- In order to learn about arrests, contact the local jail at (406) 447-8232.
- In order to connect with the Investigation Division for inquiries pertaining to a criminal case, call (406) 447-8244.
- In order to learn about the process for initiating a criminal background check, contact the Records Division at (406) 447-8259.
- In order to connect with Victim/Witness Services, contact the Victim’s Advocate at (406) 447-8221.
- In order to request certified copies of judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at (406) 447-8216.
Crime statistics of Lewis and Clark County
In 2019, the Sheriff’s Department of Lewis and Clark County dealt with 393 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 330 of these complaints. There are 201 larceny-theft cases, 74 burglary cases, and 55 vehicle theft cases in this category. Around 50 instances of assault and 12 of rape were a part of the complaints filed against violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
The police are doing an extremely good job of controlling the crime scene of Lewis and Clark County, Montana. Annually, about 1600 criminal cases are reported in the area which is certainly on the higher side. However, there has been decrease of almost 50% in the number of violent criminal occurrence over the last few years.